THE GOLDEN QUESTION 1 '?!' #Minimalism

THE GOLDEN QUESTION 1 '?!' #Minimalism

THE GOLDEN QUESTION '?'
THE GOLDEN QUESTION 1 '?!' #Minimalism

The Exhoarder|Indian minimalist

Before I could get into the details of the THE GOLDEN QUESTION 1 '?!', let me introduce you to Minimalism. (I personally prefer essential-ism and intentional-ity)

What is minimalism?

As Joshua Becker , who is a minimalist and a father of two says, Minimalism is the intentional promotion of the things we most value and the removal of everything that distracts us from it.

My definition of minimalism (made simple)

Minimalism according to me is investing Time & Money on experiences (people) and owning things that add value to our lives and not vice-versa.

Speaking in the context of Things, whenever somebody makes a purchase, we often hear this thing called- "Is that __________value for money" (fill in the blanks). I myself have asked this question so many times. Prior to minimalism, personally, it was always about value for money and was never about "Will this  ________ add value to my life? (fill in the blanks).

I am 24 years old now and people ask that- 'being a millennial, don't you miss out on all the fancy stuff that a twenty something year old can own'. In short. The latest and the greatest. My answer to that is simply a NO. I'm not perfect but I am a minimalist in the making. I do not miss out on the latest and the greatest and I am under no pressure as I exactly know what adds value to my life.

Regardless of the era you were born, the 70's, the 80's, the 90's or the 2000's I am just here to help you realize that LESS IS MORE
  

Dear readers, that brings us to THE GOLDEN QUESTION 1 '?!' #Minimalism

Why declutter when I can own it all? 

To declutter is to get rid of the things that we don't need or seldom use.
                                                                                                                    - V.M.P

We are bombarded with advertisements everyday about the best deals, latest offers, the flat 20-30-40-50-60% through social media, online shopping platforms, TV, the so called 'news' papers. etc. The urge and the rush to spend is constantly haunting us 24/7 and this is purely because we are being brainwashed through all the advertisements that we are being exposed to.

Now, let us talk about clothes. For example ;
Have you ever thought why you buy so many clothes even though your wardrobe is overflowing with tons and tons of unworn/unused ones? No? okay.. check out the probable reasons,

  • The "just in case" purchase.
  • "It's on offer" purchase.
  • "My spouse doesn't like me wearing the same shirt every week" purchase.
  • "I need to impress him/her" purchase.
  • "It looks good on me" purchase.
  • "WHY NOT?" purchase.
  • "The "YOLO" purchase.
  • And there is this "YODO" purchase.
the list goes on and on and on...

The whole point of showing you this list is to help you realize that we buy stuff that we don't need,  to impress people that we don't know/like , with the money that we don't have.
I have no intentions of promoting the idea of selling or donating everything that you have and live like a monk, saadu, priest or a hermit. All that I am trying to convey is that, you do not need so much, to live a life of contentment and true happiness.

You could own it all and still be unhappy.Think about it my friend.

Minimalism is not depriving yourself of the things that make you happy, it is depriving yourself of all the stress that comes with accumulating stuff that doesn't bring you true happiness. Hoarding is depriving yourself of true happiness.
- V.M.P

"DECLUTTER FOR BETTER"


Annddd......... One more thing people,

 I HAVE CREATED MY OFFICIAL INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT FOR ALL MY FELLOW "EXHOARDERS" AS I'D PROMISED IN THE PREVIOUS BLOG POST. PLEASE FOLLOW AND SUPPORT MY BLOG AS IT MOTIVATES ME TO CREATE BETTER CONTENT EVERY TIME.

HIT THE FOLLOW BUTTON ON INSTAGRAM BY CLICKING HERE

DO HIT SUBSCRIBE TO GET UPDATES REGULARLY VIA EMAIL IF YOU LIKE MY CONTENT. I'M CURRENTLY WORKING ON MAKING THIS BLOG MORE USER FRIENDLY AND CREATE 'EASY TO READ' CONTENT.

TIA.

"BECOME AN EXHOARDER"


Yours,
ARR (Alan Rohan Raikes) The Exhoarder.
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the_exhoarder/

P.S: You'll be seeing this towards the end of all my blog posts .

Adios, until next time.



For suggestions and queries you can always reach out to me on alanrohan.raikes@gmail.com.

Copyright © 2019  The Exhoarder




Comments

  1. This is wonderful. This blog enlightened me on what is essential and what's not. Great job, AlanπŸ™Œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it did. Thank you. This motivates me to write even more.

      Delete
  2. The interest you created with your first post is still sustained 😊 Looking forward to the next one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw...who is V.M.P ?πŸ€”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you asked .It is -Very Minimalistic Person.

      Delete
  4. I could very much relate to your probable reasons... ���� I believe I would be forced to think before any purchase if it would actually add value to my life... Getting Influenced... Hoping that it would continue... Great going!!! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post has made you think now. I believe it will continue to do so and help you make better decisions when it comes to buying. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. It's true alan. well done!!!! Keep writing we are waiting for next.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gluttony over food , clothes, shoes , cars and any other possession is more likely to happen when we are influenced by Ms/Mr. Richies $$$ in our lives.
    I think people generally need to stop admiring icons behind the screen because they don’t live the perfect life as they portray.
    And thanks to this minimalistic thought which could wake people’s minds for better!!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't have been truer. I believe minimalism will impact more and more people's lives each day.
      And Your'e welcome

      Delete
  7. Hey Alan Nice thought... I declutter my kid's toys and books and buy new one. In big cities we have limited space, we should know how manage space.
    It's so difficult to declutter his story books as we both live them but unless we do so we won't buy new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The key message from this article is to keep things that are essential and add value to our lives and get rid of the rest.

      Delete

Post a Comment